The Langtang trekking actually starts from Dhunche or Syabru which is 7/8 hours by a bus/jeep ride through lush green scenery from Kathmandu. A trek to the Langtang valley has to be one of the most rewarding of the short treks available anywhere in Nepal. The east-west running valley is the site of some spectacular alpine scenery as well as being a great place to meet unique people. A minimum of one week is required but trekkers are well advised to add a few extra days for acclimatization and for side trips in the valley. Along our journey you will walk through Langtang National Park. Although wildlife is never easy to spot in a forest setting, here you get the chance to see some interesting animals and birds. Among those found in the park are monkeys, musk deer, Pika and the national bird of Nepal, the colorful danphe.
Langtang Valley Trekking, Just a couple of days walking find you amongst beautiful snow peaks of the Ganesh, Annapurna and Langtang ranges. Following the Langtang Khola (river) will take you to the settlement of Kyanjin Gompa at 3900m. This is the furthest place to find lodges up the valley. The Langtang Valley was designated the National Park in 1971. Beautiful landscapes and pretty villages make this a relatively easy and therefore popular trekking destination in Nepal. After retracing our steps to the village of Syabru we cross the Laurabina La, a pass at 4610m, into the Helambu district. The crossing of the pass in a freezing wind and thin air is nothing compared to the descent in waist deep sluggish snow and losing your way on the Helambu side; which tends to happen in the winters; but trekking in this wonderful region can be deemed as some of the best in Nepal.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1345meters). Overnight at hotel,BB.
- Day 02: Pre-trip Meeting & Sightseeing Kathmandu valley. Overnight athotel,BB.
- Day 03: Drive to Sybru Bensi (1462m) by bus 8 hours. Overnight at guesthouse,BLD.
- Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2500meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse,BLD.
- Day 05: Trek to Langtang Village (3307m) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse,BLD.
- Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3798meters) 4 hours. Overnight at guesthouse,BLD.
- Day 07: Kyanjin Gompa exploration day. Overnight at guesthouse,BLD.
- Day 08: Trek back to Lama Hotel (2500m) 5.30 hours. Overnight at guesthouse,BLD.
- Day 09: Trek to Sybru Bensi (1462meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse,BLD.
- Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu by bus. 8 hours. Overnight at hotel,BB.
- Day 11: Leisure day in Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel,BB.
- Day 12: Transfer to international airport for your final departure.
- [NOTE: The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. The trek can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.]